Inner Healing Prayer
About This Course
Because traumas and abuses of every kind are so pervasive in our world, I believe that most of us need inner healing...healing for our soul. Inner healing prayer is not some mysterious type of prayer that only a few select people can do. It does not require any high and lofty college degree. It requires a heart that is open to running to Jesus with our friends and those we minister to, as they tell Jesus about the hurts they have suffered...to their hearts, their souls and their minds, as well as their bodies.
- What are some of the reasons a person would need inner healing prayer?
- What character qualities are required to lead another person in inner healing prayer?
- How do we create an environment that makes a person feel safe and willing to share their deepest pain and shame?
- What is involved in interviewing someone to get basic information and to assist them in processing their hurts...to get to the underlying core issues that Jesus wants to heal?
- Suggestions for how to respond to someone who shares painful and shameful things
- Emotions and the value of expressing them and what to do with them
- Definitions of wounding issues
- The invaluable role of forgiveness in the healing process...and what it looks like to forgive others, God and ourselves and what true repentance looks like
- The invaluable role of grieving in the healing process
- Soul ties, what that term means and God’s power to break ungodly soul ties that we have allowed to form in our relationships
- Why some people do not seem to heal...what that might mean